Living with you partner can be great. Although, it does come with it problems. You can’t walk around half naked most the time and you no longer get to make all the decisions.
I put together some tips that I think will help you with living with your partner.
Tips and Advice
1. Do things alone. Living together is the perfect opportunity to do things without each other. You can see each other in the morning, go out and do your things alone, and then you’ll be right back home to see each other again at the end of the day.
2. Fair isn’t always equal. This may sound a little silly so I will give you an example. Imagine you have a couple, the the girl is working and the guy is unemployed. The equal thing to do would be to split the bills 50/50. But wait, how is the guy meant to pay his help when he is unemployed? Fair would be that the girls pays most the money while the guy makes up for it by doing other things such as the shopping or cleaning
3. Pick your battles. It really won’t work if you are constantly jumping down each others throats at the smallest problems. There’s no point shouting about the toilet seat being left up or make up being left all over the bathroom. Just take a deep breath and move past it.
4. You don’t need to go out every night. Staying in just with each other is just as fun as going out for the night. You can order pizza, get drunk and binge watch Netflix.
5. Clean up after yourself. You can’t pretend that you didn’t make the mess because there’s really no one else that could have. Save the argument by just picking up your stuff once you’ve used it.
6. Prepare for the ugly photos. Believe me, if your partner is anything like mine, they will be looking for the perfect chance to snap that ugly photo of you. It could be when your asleep or maybe when you’re cleaning but it will come and it will haunt you.
P.S. The most important thing to know about living with your partner, is that you shouldn’t let the magic fade. Conceal your bathroom habits, put on pants while walking around the house and don’t let yourself go.